Air Austral announced it will be reinforcing its flight program to Antananarivo and Nosy Be, as well as resuming its connections to Tamatave and Diego Suarez.
Based at Saint Denis-Roland Garros airport, the Reunionese company is gradually resuming service to its regional network after two years marked by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Between Reunion and Antananarivo-Ivato, Air Austral offers 5 weekly frequencies from June 13 to 26, all operated by Airbus A220-300 that can accommodate 12 passengers in Business class and 120 in Economy, and will switch to a daily rate from June 27.
Nosy Be-Fascene airport receives up to 4X-weekly flights while two other Malagasy destinations will be relaunched by the end of this month.
These destinations include Tamatave ( Toamasina ) with 2 weekly frequencies from June 28 and Diego Suarez (Antsiranana ) with one flight per week from June 27.
With these offerings, the company noted that the two airports “still require work to allow the reception of medium carrier aircraft such as the A220-300”.
In the meantime, “to meet strong customer demand”, Air Austral will charter a 64-seat ATR72-600 from its subsidiary Ewa Air to serve these two destinations.
The French carrier also eyes services to Tuléar and Fort-Dauphin, subject to approval from the Malagasy authorities, as the airline hopes to return to pre-pandemic schedule offering.
Air Austral’s overall flight schedule during this period includes the following routes, but remains subject to adjustment depending on the evolution of the health situation:
Regional flight schedule:
- Reunion-Johannesburg: up to 3 frequencies per week
- Reunion-Chennai: up to 2 frequencies per week
- Reunion- Bangkok: 2 weekly frequencies from July 02 to August 21, 2022
- Reunion-Seychelles: up to two frequencies per week
- Reunion-Moroni (Comoros): 1 flight per week and up to two frequencies per week in high season.
- Reunion-Mayotte: Minimum one flight per day and up to 9 weekly flights
- Reunion-Mauritius: Minimum two flights per day and up to 4 flights per day
Long-haul flight schedule
- Reinforcement was announced between Reunion and Paris, as well as between Mayotte and Paris, over the high season period “by adding additional capacity